Summer English Camp
Koç University continues Summer English Camp on 2017 Summer Term!
The program will create an opportunity for high school students to improve their English, to be a part of university life, to gain experience in different major areas before the university entrance exam, and to make new friendships through many interesting social activities!
Courses within the program will be taught by Koç University English Language Center (ELC) Instructors. All students will attend classes based on their current level of English and the program will focus on practicing four skills (Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking) together.
All high school students who have successfully completed Prep Year through 12th grade and who meet English Language requirements (CEFR A2 , B1 or B2) can apply to the program.
Early Application: 02 January – 30 April 2017
Application: 01 May - 15 July 2017
Applications (that include all required documents) will be taken into consideration between the above-specified dates.
Note: All applications will be evaluated on a first come, first served basis due to limited quota. Program fee remains the same for both early and regular application period.
About the Program
Program Dates: 30 July – 13 August 2017 (2 weeks)
- Students will attend 5 English classes per day based on their current level on Mondays through Fridays. (Note: There will be 2 classes per day on Wednesdays.)
- Please click here for detailed Program Schedule.
- All courses will be taught by Koç University ELC Instructors.
- Classes will be practice-oriented and will focus on Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking skills together.
- Grading on courses will be as follow: "Completed", "Completed Successfully" and "Completed with Distinction".
- All students who completed the program with required attendance will receive "Participation Certificate" and detailed report for the improvement of their language skills.
- In addition, students will attend seminars by our faculty members –called “Meeting with Faculty”- covering various programs offered by our university which will give our students an opportunity to observe different applications in these fields.
- Students will have sports hours with professional trainers on weekdays.
- Each Wednesday, students will meet professionals from various institutions and companies with “Business World Meetings” in order to give them an opportunity to observe business world more closely and ask questions to professionals working in their area of interest.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, full day activities and excursions will be organized. Please click here for Sample Activities chart.
- Students will be matched with mentors who will help students with any questions they may have regarding the program, campus life, and university rules.
- All registered students can benefit from Koç University library, gymnasium, and other facilities during this program.
- During the Summer English Camp, students will stay at Koç University dormitories on Rumelifeneri Campus.
Determining the English Level
Applicants should have at least CEFR A2 (Elementary) level of English in order to apply for Summer English Camp. Applications with the early stages of A2 level, B1 (Intermediate) level and B2 (Upper Intermediate) level of English will be taken into consideration.
Note: Students with CEFR C1 (Advanced) and/or higher level of English may check our Summer Academy program.
Following steps will be applied to determine the current English level of our applicants:
1) English test result will be sent within your program application (if available):
- TOEFL/TOEFL Junior
- IELTS (General/Academic)
- ACT Plan
- Cambridge tests: FCE, CAE, CPE
Note: English test scores must not be taken more than 1 year ago.
Note 2: If none of the above listed accepted scores are available, please contact us for detailed information.
2) After receiving the application confirmation, participants will also take our “placement test”* online. Details for online placement test will be sent to participants within their application confirmation.
* Note: “Online Placement Test” must be taken by the applicant without any help or assistance. Please keep in mind that if the applicant’s level of English is not stated correctly, he/she won’t be able to get any benefit from the program.
Rules and Regulations
All students are responsible for the assignments, exams and evaluations for their courses during the education period.
Please note that attendance to courses is obligatory. Rules for attendance will be decided by the Faculty Members/Instructors.
Please click here for Koç University rules & regulations and student code of conduct.
Moreover, all students and their parents will be asked to sign “Summer English Camp Code of Conduct” on the first day of the program which consist of all the rules students should follow during the program.
Required Documents for Application
- Application Form: Please fill in the application form on this link. You will be required to upload the documents listed below in colored JPEG and/or PDF format to complete your application:
- Essay (Should be a short essay explaining why the student wants to join our program.) (The essay may be written in Turkish or English) (250 to 500 words)
- Official transcript (Should include all courses taken at high school level and must be sealed and signed)
- Consent Form: This form should be filled and signed by the parents of the students.
- Copy of Turkish ID and/or ID page of passport
- 1 passport size photo
- English Test Score(s) or our “placement test” result. (Note: Conditions and accepted scores are specified above.)
2017 Summer English Camp program fee is 4.600 TL.
Accommodation fee for 2 weeks in double or triple room on main campus dormitories is 600 TL.
Total fee will be 5.200 TL which includes classes, textbook, all activities/excursions, 3 meals per day (Setcard) and accommodation.
The following program fee discount rates apply for the below listed accepted student groups:
- If the applicant is a current student and/or alumni of Vehbi Koç Foundation (VKF) schools (primary schools, high school) or if the applicant has a first degree relative* who attended or is attending a VKF school %10 discount applies.
- If the applicant has a first degree relative* who is a Koç Group employee, %10 discount rate applies.
- If the applicant has a first degree relative* who is a Koç University employee, %50 discount rate applies.
- If siblings join the program together or one sibling joins ELC for Kids, %5 discount rate applies (from the total fee of each program).
- (* First degree relatives include mother, father, and siblings.)
2 discount rates cannot be used at the same time. If more than one discount type is valid for the applicant, higher rate will be applied.
Bank Account Information
Details for payment will be shared with applicants individually by our staff.
Once your application has been approved by the VPAA Office and you receive the VPOS link from our staff, you can make an online payment by stating the student's name, surname and passport number in the payment details.
Telefon: 0212 338 1280