Koç University continues Summer Academy program for high school students in 2017 Summer Term!
The program will create an opportunity for high school students to be a part of university life, to improve their academic backgrounds, to gain experience in different major areas before the university entrance exam, and to make new friendships through many interesting social activities!
Courses within the program will be taught by Koç University faculty members/TAs and will help high school students to build their future plans better by experiencing the university life in a multicultural environment, and to broaden their views on various academic programs. All courses will be based on courses actually offered to undergraduate students, but will be adapted in terms of content and duration by the faculty members offering the course.
All high school students who have successfully completed grades 9 through 12 and who meet English Language requirements (CEFR B2 and above) can apply to Summer Academy 2017 program.
Early Application: 02 January - 31 March 2017
Application: 01 April - 15 June 2017
Applications (that include all required documents) will be taken into consideration between the above-specified dates.
Note: All applications will be evaluated on a first come, first served basis due to limited quota. Program fee remains the same for both early and regular application period.
About the Program
Program Dates: 02nd July - 22nd July 2017 ( 3 weeks )
- Students will enroll in 3 elective courses for one session.
- All courses will be taught in English by Koç University faculty members on Monday through Thursdays.
- Grading on courses will be as follow: "Completed", "Completed Successfully" and "Completed with Distinction". Also all students who completed the program with required attendance will receive "Participation Certificate".
- In addition, students will attend seminars by our faculty members –called “Meeting with Faculty”- covering various programs offered by our university which will give our students an opportunity to observe different applications in these fields.
- Each Wednesday, students will meet professionals from various institutions and companies with “Business World Meetings” in order to give them an opportunity to observe business world more closely and ask questions to professionals working in their area of interest.
- On Fridays and Saturdays, full day activities and excursions will be organized. Please click here for Sample Activities table.
- Students will be matched with mentors, who are full-time undergraduate students of Koç University. Mentors will help students with any questions they may have regarding the program, campus life, and university rules.
- All registered students can benefit from Koç University library, gymnasium, swimming pool and other facilities during this program.
- During the Summer Academy program, students will stay at Koç University dormitories on Rumelifeneri Campus.
- Please click here for detailed Program Schedule.
All applicants are expected to make up to 3 elective course selections from each one of the "Course 1", "Course 2" and “Course 3” options.
Students will be able to enroll 3 elective courses in total which will take place on Mondays & Wednesdays (“Course 1” and “Course 2”) and Tuesdays & Thursdays (Course 3) based on their preference and eligibility.
Note: Students will be enrolled in their top choices for Course 1, Course 2 and Course 3 based on availability. Please note that some courses may not open if there is not enough enrolment.
Please click here for 2017 Summer Term course list.
Rules and Regulations
All students are responsible for the assignments, exams and evaluations for their courses during the education period.
Please note that attendance to both elective and common courses is obligatory. Rules for attendance will be decided by the Faculty Members/Instructors.
Moreover, all students and their parents will be asked to sign “Summer Academy Code of Conduct” on the first day of the program which consist all the rules students should follow during the program..
Required Documents for Application
- Application Form: Please fill in the application form on this link. You will be required to upload the documents listed below in colored JPEG and/or PDF format to complete your application:
- Essay (Should be a short essay explaining why the student wants to join our program.) (The essay may be written in Turkish or English) (250 to 500 words.)
- Official transcript (Should include all courses taken at high school level and must be sealed and signed)
- Consent form: This form should be filled and signed by the parents of the students.
- Copy of Turkish ID and/or ID page of passport
- 1 passport size photo
- English Test Score(s) -if available. Accepted scores are:
- Cambridge tests: FCE, CAE, CPE
English test scores must not be taken more than 1 year ago.
If none of the above listed accepted scores are available, please contact us for detailed information.
2017 Summer Academy program fee is 5.900 TL.
Accommodation fee for 3 weeks in double or triple room on main campus dormitories is 900 TL.
Total fee will be 6.800 TL which includes courses, classroom materials, all activities/excursions, 3 meals per day and accommodation..
Note:The following program fee discount rates apply for the below listed accepted student groups:
- If the applicant is a current student and/or alumni of Vehbi Koç Foundation (VKF) schools (primary schools, high school) or if the applicant has a first degree relative* who attended or is attending a VKF school %10 discount applies,
- If the applicant has a first degree relative* who is a Koç Group employee, %10 discount rate applies
- If the applicant has a first degree relative* who is a Koç University employee, %50 discount rate applies.
- If siblings join the program together or one sibling joins ELC for Kids, %5 discount rate applies (from the total fee of each program). (* First degree relatives include mother, father, and siblings.)
2 discount rates cannot be used at the same time. If more than one discount type is valid for the applicant, higher rate will be applied.
Details for payment will be shared with applicants individually by our staff.
Once your application has been approved by the VPAA Office and you receive the VPOS link from our staff, you can make an online payment by stating the student's name, surname and passport number in the payment details.
Phone: 0212 338 1280