Koç University offers Pre-College Program which allows high school students to take undergraduate courses in the same classroom along with Koç University undergraduate students.
With this program, high school students will be able to participate in courses which will be taught by Koç University Faculty Members and Instructors.
The program aims to help high school students to build their future plans better by experiencing the university life in a multicultural environment, and to broaden their views on various academic programs.
Pre-College program is open to all high school students who have successfully completed grades 11 or 12 and who meet English Language requirements.
Applications with complete documents received between 1 May - 15 June 2017 will be evaluated by order of receival.
About the Program
- This program is designed to cover 5 weeks between 03 July - 12 August 2017.
- A student can enroll in 2 courses at most.
- All courses will be taught by Koç University Faculty Members/Instructors in a class along with the Koç University undergraduate students.
- All classes are taught in English -with the exception of Turkish area elective courses.
- If a student later enrolls at Koç University as a full time undergraduate student, he/she may claim credits of the courses that are completed successfully*. The student will be exempt from that course and will replace it with any other course from his/her choice.
* Students must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00/4.00 from each course taken in order to be exempt.
- During the Pre-College program, students may choose to get "Accommodation and Activity Package" to stay at Koç University dormitories.
- This package gives them the opportunity to meet with other high school students participating in our Summer Academy program, and participate in their extra-curricular activities.
- All registered students can benefit from Koç University library, gymnasium, swimming pool and other facilities during this program.
An updated course list of summer courses will be available by April 2017. Students can request up to 4 courses on the application form in the order of their first to last preferences.
Note: A student can enroll in 2 courses at most.
Rules and Regulations
All students are responsible for the assignments, exams and evaluations for their courses during the education period.
Rules for attendance will be decided by the Faculty Members/Instructors.
Please click here for Koç University rules & regulations and student code of conduct.
Required Documents for Application
- Application form: Please fill in the application form on this link. You will be required to upload the documents listed below in colored JPEG and/or PDF format to complete your application:
- Essay: Short essay explaining why the student wants to join our program.
- Official transcript (Should include all courses taken at high school level and must be sealed and signed)
- Consent form: This form should be filled and signed by the parents of the students.
- English proficiency test score
The following exams and minimum scores will be accepted:
- TOEFL IBT: 80 WRT: 20
- YDS - E-YDS: 87
- CAE: C
- SAT, IB, AP, A Level vb. test/diploma scores (if available)
- Copy of Turkish ID and/or ID page of passport
- 1 passport size photo
In 2017 Summer Term, fee per course is 4.900 TL.
Fee for "Accommdation and Activity Package" is 2.500 TL. Package includes accommodation in a double room on main campus dormitories and all week day evening activities and weekend excursions/trips.
- Package does not include meals. We may provide Set Card (valid for all catering firms on campus) by request.
- Discount applies to Koç Group (%10) and Koç University (%50) employees.
Details for payment will be shared with applicants individually by our staff.
Once your application has been approved by the VPAA Office and you receive the VPOS link from our staff, you can make an online payment by stating the student's name, surname and passport number in the payment details.
Phone: +90 212 338 1280